Essential Eligibility Criteria
Participant must sign a release of liability waiver, if under the age of 18 the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian; No one under the age of 16 without a parent or guardian.
We follow strict American Canoe Association (ACA) Essential Eligibility Criteria which is the following:
1. Breathe independently (i.e., not require medical devices to sustain breathing)
2. Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water
3. Independently hold head upright without neck / head support
4. Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion
5. Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
6. Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
7. Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket
8. Get on / off or in / out of a paddlecraft independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
9. Independently get out and from under a capsized paddlecraft
10. Remount or reenter the paddlecraft following deep water capsize independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
11. Maintain a safe body position while attempting skills, activities and rescues listed in the appropriate Course Outline, and have the ability to recognize and identify to others when such efforts would be unsafe given your personal situation
MST Adventures reserves the right to refuse service to any individual that does not meet the above criteria, for the protection and safety of all participants involved.